Kameo Recruitment is recruiting for a Customer Service expert to join our clients Logistics Team. Our client is a highly reputable company, who is well established within their industry. You will be based in their fantastic offices in South Cambridge, where you will be part of a wider team. The main purpose of this position is to offer exceptional customer service, whilst being the first point of contact for all shipping orders and enquiries. This position would suit someone who is able to communicate effectively at all levels, has good attention to detail and is able to prioritise their own workload. If this is you, please continue reading for further details;
Duties & Responsibilities of the Logistics Coordinator:
- Manage the end to end shipment process, on a worldwide basis
- Gather comprehensive customer and shipment requirements
- Book consignments with airlines via on-line portal, email or phone
- Work with overseas offices/ agents to arrange collections, customs clearance and deliveries
- Proactively monitor the status of shipments and identify and deal with any issues as they arise or escalate appropriately
- Provide the customer with regular, accurate and timely updates on shipment status
- Arranging return logistics for reusable packaging and at customer request
- Develop and maintain a close relationship with existing and potential clients by understanding needs, providing high levels of accurate and timely communication, ensuring complete satisfaction with the service provided and identifying service level improvements.
- Liaise with suppliers to confirm documentation requirements, plan appropriate route solutions and obtain timely updates on live shipments.
- Planning cost-effective and appropriate route solutions which do not compromise the quality of our service
- Challenging suppliers on costs and obtaining the best possible price for each shipment
Assisting with the production of client quotations
This position offers a great deal of variety and will utilise your administration, customer service and organisation skills. You will need to be flexible, hardworking and a team player. It would be a distinct advantage if you have logistics experience or scientific knowledge.
This position requires you to work on a rota basis, across these hours – 7:00-16:00, 8:30-17:30, 10:00-19:00
If you are interested in finding out more about this position, please submit your CV
Kameo Recruitment is an independent agency, which specialises in permanent and fixed term positions within the Sales, Marketing, HR and Commercial/Office sectors. We recruit across East Anglia, but specifically focus on Cambridgeshire and the surrounds.
Our promise – To offer you an honest, reliable and friendly service.
We receive a high volume of applications and although we would like to, unfortunately we are unable to respond to all of them. If you have not heard from us within 5 days of your application, unfortunately on this occasion we have been unable to progress your interest.
Kameo Recruitment will not use your information for any other purposes other than for searching for alternative employment. We will request additional consent directly from you before submitting your personal information to any company who are working directly with Kameo Recruitment, for recruitment purposes. We will never disclose your information to any third party unless legally required to do so and we will only ever contact you with the sole purpose of helping you find your ideal job or offering career related advice.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org