Kameo Recruitment is exclusively recruiting for a Mechanical Engineer graduate to join an exciting, expanding Tech start-up, based Bedfordshire. This is a newly created position, which will see you working within a team of four. The successful candidate will hit the ground running, bringing with them academic experience in 3D modelling and design.
You will be joining a business at the forefront of pioneering green products. This is a superb opportunity to join a Tech venture at its foundation, providing your knowledge and expertise to the clean energy sector. Are you a methodical thinker who’s happy to “get stuck in” and looking for a fantastic opportunity? If yes, please continue reading for further details.
Duties and responsibilities of the Mechanical Engineer:
You will be managing three national industrial-scale projects in collaboration with Cranfield University based around green hydrogen and water desalination.
Requirements for the Mechanical Engineer:
- MEng and/or PhD in Mechanical Engineering
- Academic knowledge/experience in the following: Design, Mechatronics, Energy Engineering, Applied Physics
- Familiarity with SolidWorks and other 3D CAD tools
- Familiarity with developing industrial processing technologies and managing technology-based projects at an early development stage
- Confidence in working flexibly within a start-up environment; getting your hands dirty (metaphorically) is a must!
- A self-starter attitude
- Knowledge of solar energy, particularly CSP, CPV and solar heat applications
- Knowledge of the hydrogen chain components, electrolyser and fuel cells
- Ability to size mechanical structures for the designed load or torsion correctly
- Experience using 3D printing to produce mechanical samples, with pure or reinforced polymers
- Knowledge of basic metalworking processes such as (laser) cutting, drilling, turning, milling, light-alloy die-casting, metal substitution with reinforced polymers
- Demonstrable experience in tracking schedule, budget, actions, risks and reporting to management
If you are interested in finding out more about this position, please submit your CV.
Kameo Recruitment is an independent agency, which specialises in permanent and fixed term positions within the Sales, Marketing, HR, Finance, IT/Engineering and Commercial/Office sectors. We recruit across East Anglia, but specifically focus on Cambridgeshire and the surrounds.
We receive a high volume of applications and although we would like to, unfortunately we are unable to respond to all of them. If you have not heard from us within 5 days of your application, unfortunately on this occasion we have been unable to progress your interest.
Kameo Recruitment will not use your information for any other purposes other than for searching for alternative employment. We will request additional consent directly from you before submitting your personal information to any company who are working directly with Kameo Recruitment, for recruitment purposes. We will never disclose your information to any third party unless legally required to do so and we will only ever contact you with the sole purpose of helping you find your ideal job or offering career related advice.