Hours of work: Core hours will be 08:30 to 17:30 with flexibility to provide support/cover for the early (07:00-16:00) & late (10:00-19:00) shifts.
Kameo Recruitment is recruiting for a Transport & Warehouse Manager. Our client is a highly reputable company, who is well established within their industry and is currently experiencing a period of growth. You will be based in their office/warehouse in South Cambridge and will report into the UK Operations Manager, where you will lead and manage the central Cambridge Warehouse and Transport function, along with another satellite site. The role will be part of the UK Operations Management Team and have responsibility for leading and participating in projects focused on process improvement, technology and service delivery. You will need to have experience with GDP/GXP Regulations and ideally be familiar with Process Improvement methodologies. This is a fantastic opportunity, where you will be joining a collaborative team and a culture.
Duties & Responsibilities of the Transport & Warehouse Manager:
- Responsible for all people management for the team across the whole employee lifecycle including but not limited to recruitment, training and development, objective setting and performance management, pay and reward
- Overall responsibility for effective running of Transport and Warehouse teams, ensuring all day to day functions have been carried out effectively and that any issues escalated are resolved effectively and efficiently, including but not limited to:
- Warehouse – equipment maintenance equipment, oversight of packaging preparation/ training
- Transport – Advise, mentor and coach the Transport and Warehouse team to ensure effective route planning, ensuring relevant transport systems are up to date and maintained, resolving escalated driver issues, supporting customer service team with client requests and job completion, monitoring driver hours in accordance with working time regulation
- A member of the UK Operations Management Team responsible for building short to medium term departmental plans and inputting into the overall Operations strategy
- Is up to date with current and future trends in Transport and Warehouse, brings ideas and expertise internally to develop processes & services
- Ensures completion of individual and team deliverables, meets sometimes changing deadlines, addresses problems constructively dealing calmly with conflict where necessary
- Partners with the Transport & Warehouse Support Specialist and other relevant members of staff to ensure all legal requirements are met in alignment with Road Haulage, Security and GXP Regulations.
- Identifies opportunities for technology improvements e.g. for route planning (including control of fuel costs) and stock management. May lead projects or work as part of wider project teams
- Participate (when necessary) in client/regulatory and internal audits and manage the follow-up process (including managing any findings or actions).
You will need to have significant experience within a similar position, where you have managed a team which included both drivers and warehouse employees, along with vehicles. You will have a positive outlook, where you mentor others and be able to communicate effectively at all levels.
This is a small overview of the position. If you are interested in finding out more, please submit your CV.
Kameo Recruitment is an independent agency, which specialises in permanent and fixed term positions within the Sales, Marketing, HR, Finance, IT and Commercial/Office sectors. We recruit across East Anglia, but specifically focus on Cambridgeshire and the surrounds.
We receive a high volume of applications and although we would like to, unfortunately we are unable to respond to all of them. If you have not heard from us within 5 days of your application, unfortunately on this occasion we have been unable to progress your interest.
Kameo Recruitment will not use your information for any other purposes other than for searching for alternative employment. We will request additional consent directly from you before submitting your personal information to any company who are working directly with Kameo Recruitment, for recruitment purposes. We will never disclose your information to any third party unless legally required to do so and we will only ever contact you with the sole purpose of helping you find your ideal job or offering career related advice.